Sunday 5 July 2009

Front forks.

I dismantled one side and started to clean the aluminium ready for painting,
but then I remembered I bought a set of polishing mops a while back but never used them.

I had a spare 240v motor and decided to make a spindle adaptor to hold the mops.
Also make a bracket from dexion to screww it to the bench.
After a few hours of cleaning, using wet and dry then the polishing mops, I like the idea of the polished aluminium and have read about some wax polishes to keep it looking good.
Bit of a u-turn from a previous blog, lured by the shiny aluminium.

The Haynes manual said to get a bolt lock 2 nuts on it and tape it to a suitably sized 1/2" drive socket. I cut out the middle men and filed the inside of an M12 nut to 3/8" square drive so it fits straight on the extension drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment