Saturday 19 December 2009

Carburetor refurb.

The carbs in the 1st 3 pictures are as they were when I pulled them off the engine.






One problem I found were these nozzles were blocked. I managed to clear them with one strand of a wire. This allowed me to attach a hose and flush through with carb cleaner.
The ball, weight and bore for the non return part of the nozzle were cleaned and polished.

All parts of one carb laid out, I changed all the screws to stainless cap heads. All parts cleaned and all bores checked for flow.
All seals have been checked and replaced where needed.

The brackets have been cleaned, wire brushed and spray with a rust inhibiting zinc spray.
All parts put back together with no left over parts.
Some hoses and hose clips were replaced due to perishing.





No comments:

Post a Comment