Saturday 6 February 2010

Out with the old in with the older.

Well it had to go, I don't have space for 2 motorbikes in my shed so my loyal GS500 was sold today. I only hope the Vision will be so reliable as this bike.


Some more pictures of my bike stand for a colleague at work who couldn't quite see how this lifted a motorbike. 1st picture shows the stand with a few modifications since the last photos. The main difference being the front wheel clamp.

The ramp is used to push the bike onto the stand, its a little higher than the stand so I can put the centre stand down without it touching down.

Now this part needs 2 people as the bike is held the lift is jacked up and starts to lift the bike on the centre stand.

The wheel is clamped and the stand lifted to its full height and then lowered onto the dowelled block so the pressure of the jack is relaxed. Lowering is then a reversal of lifting.

Simple really all you need is some extruded aluminium from a bench from work which was destined for a skip, a set of double sliding quick clamps and an old car jack which refuses to keep any jack oil in it for any length of time.
Final pictures shows how far along I am with the bike, plenty done but still plenty to do.......watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment